Sunday, July 22, 2012

TP Art

After years of talking about it (yup, I had this idea LONG before pinterest was around) I finally finished a toilet paper roll project. This was the third time that I saved rolls, the other two times I got sick of waiting and threw them away. I have seen many tutorials on how to achieve TP roll art and many different shapes that you can make. I decided to go with 4 point flowers that make circles when connected. I will show you what I did but first I have a little rant.

I went to Hobby Lobby this past Friday and right as I walk in the door I saw this...
Thats right people, they have started setting Christmas displays. Um..... IT'S FREAKING JULY. I find this absolutely ridiculous!!! I get upset when they set Christmas in October. I don't think that there should be anything Christmas related until after Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday), preferably not until December 1st. I tell my friends that I am Scrooge until December. Now that I have complained about that, back to the project.

First I marked both sides of the roll at 1/2 in, which gave me 8 petals plus a little extra (which I threw away).

Then after I had all of my petals cut I started on my flowers. I used regular school glue. I have seen many different types of clips used, cloths pins seem to be popular. I have a ton of pin curl and roller clips so that is what I used. 






After they dried I took the clips off and glued them all together 6x6, putting the clips in the new glue spots.

Time for paint!! I decided to go with black spray paint. It took 1 can per piece (so 2). It sill isn't completely covered but it's good enough. If I do it again I will try using paint and a brush.

The finished projects on my wall. I think they look pretty dang good. They don't look like TP rolls thats for sure.

Close up of the finished project.

I acquired a battle wound while hanging one of these. I was standing on the couch to hang one of them. When I stepped off the couch I landed on my inhaler. I have no idea why my inhaler was on the floor (I blame mu husbands cat). Now I have a huge swollen spot that is super tender. I thought that it was going to bruise but it hasn't started changing colors yet so maybe not. Either way it hurts like hell.

I have a few other projects still, one that SHOULD be done soon, but every time I say that something crazy happens. As well as a crochet project that I am working on. Thanks for reading, talk to you soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!! That turned out so good! I didn't realize what you were making till I saw the finished product on the wall. SO FREAKING CUTE! I wish I was as crafty as you lol

    and ps... TOTALLY agree with that Christmas crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it turned out really cute. I love that it covers a little more of the blank white wall. I hate white walls but I really don't want to paint twice.

      Delete