Monday, April 16, 2012

Owl Punch

I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted. I feel quite guilty that I haven't shared my craft projects with the world in quite some time. I have done a few craft projects and finished my craft room, so I have lots to share. The thing I am most excited about right now and what I am going to share with you today is my new Owl Punch from Stampin' Up. I made a super cute card using it but it is for our anniversary and I am not ready to share it with you yet. It will have to wait until we get home from our trip (which I am counting down the days to... 16).

I was surprised at how big the punch was when I got it so I decided to take a picture of it on my mat to show the size of it.


These are the pieces that it punches out. I think I have decided that I like the heart piece as a beak.  I have seen it as a beak and as a heart.

Since it is hard to avoid punching other shapes when you punch one I bought a little tackle box to hold all of the extra pieces that get cut. That way I am not wasting the extra pieces. 

If you know me, have read my blog, or have even just walked past me in public you know that I have a slight obsession with the color pink. All of my desk/office supplies are pink. With the exception of this cute little note pad that my MIL got for me a while ago. I love that the papers have my initial on them. Only issue, it's orange. So I decided to spruce it up with some pink owls from my punch.

If you look close I modeled them after my husband and I. I used the Air Force paper for the belly and middle eyes on the "boy" and a cute flower paper on the "girl". They turned out super cute and make my little note pad fit in a little better on my desk.

Like I said I have quite a few things to share with you in the near future. I am excited about a baby set that I made for a friend. Just waiting to hear that she received it and I will share how cute it is with you, I have a few cards, my finished craft room, an upcoming trip to Vegas, and we got new furniture for our living room that we will have in a few weeks and I am sure I will want to show you.

As always if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or any other commentary please leave it here, I will respond! 

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! They do look like the two of you. Now you need 2 black panthers to round out the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I think I need to look and see if I have a cat image I can cut. That would be too funny!! I am glad you joined so you can follow my posts.

      Delete