Thursday, March 29, 2012

Magic Card

Before I tell you about my magic card I want to share with you what my cat did this morning. I had to remind myself that I loved him so that I wouldn't kill him after I discovered it. 
I think it happened when he jumped off of the cat tower we had sitting by this outlet. He jumps on and off of it with a lot of force and it slides easy on the tile. I am not very happy about this! At least it won't be expensive to fix.

Anyway, now that I have complained a little about my cats I will share the craft project with you. This was my first attempt at a "Magic Card", it has issues so I won't be giving it to anyone but I wanted to share it with you because I love the concept so much. The main issue I have is that I don't have permanent stamp ink, so the ink is all smudged. I thought if I didn't use the acetate but used clear velum instead it would work, I was wrong. Next time I make a trip to civilization I will pop over to Hobby Lobby and pick some up. The inner workings of this card aren't perfect either, but I learned from my mistakes and I know how to make it better next time. 
Sorry about the crappy lighting and picture, like I said in the post yesterday my cat made a mess on my back drop and I didn't feel like getting my nice light out. This is what it looks like when it is closed. The picture of the birds is black and white.

But when you pull on the little tab they magically become colored. So cute right? Well, it would be if I actually used the clear acetate and permanent ink. I love this concept and I will be making another one after I get some permanent ink. Since I knew that this one wasn't going to work I didn't spend much time on it, so it could have been much better, the next one I make will be much cuter. 

If you want to learn how to make a magic card I learned HERE. I changed a few things for mine, I will make my own tutorial after I have the proper supplies. Hope you enjoyed it. As always, if you want to know what I used, how I used it, or what I think about something please feel free to ask, I would be happy to tell you!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment