Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sunflowers

Before I tell you about my sunflower project I want to tell you about my cookie disaster that happened this morning. Since it is mustache march (which I hate for the most part) I got mustache cookie cutters and found a recipe for chocolate sugar cookies. I spent the better part of the morning making dough, letting it chill, rolling, cutting and stamping the cookies. When the first batch came out of the oven I was so excited I could barely stand it, they were so cute! Then I realized that they were hard as a rock. I figured I rolled the dough to thin so it got over cooked. So I made another pan full, rolled double the thickness of the first ones. Still hockey puck hard. So I gave up and tossed the rest of the dough. I think that I am going to make regular sugar cookies, I have an amazing recipe that I have made many many times and they always turn out amazing. They won't be brown (which is why I wanted the chocolate ones) but they will taste good. And in a cookie, thats what matters the most!

I have a friend that loves sunflowers. Her kitchen is sunflowers like my kitchen is coffee. So when I saw this pattern for sunflower dishcloths on pinterest I had to make them for her. I thought of her instantly. I had originally planned to make them for her for Christmas but I ran out of time. And you know that I can't just crochet something for someone, I have to make a cute card that matches. I am not going to lie, I am not the biggest fan of the card I made. I am apparently not good at making sunflowers, I am obsessed with the blue and green paper though.



As always., if you are wondering how I did something, what I used or any combination please feel free to ask! I would love to share. You can find the pattern for the sunflowers HERE.

I am working on a baby blanket at the moment. Since it's a bigger project it will be a bit before it's finished. I am about 1/3 finished with the blanket then I am going to put a border on it and I am thinking about making matching booties. The booties will depend on how long the blanket takes. I would like to get it to the mom-to-be before or close to the baby shower.

I will have a lot of time to crochet over the next little while though. Hubby is taking two classes (he usually only takes one at a time) and his scheduled shifted so he goes to bed early. Add to that the fact that Mass effect 3 came out yesterday and he ordered the iPad 3 today that he will have later this month. I might as well not exist :) It's "Mustache March" anyway, I have threatened to not kiss him until he agrees to "shave the ferret off his face". :)

Going to head off and make dinner, trying a new grilled chicken tonight. It's been marinating for a few hours now and if it tastes as good as the marinade smelled I might be sharing the recipe with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment