Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ugly Plastic Drawers/ Mod Podge

Before I talk about my ugly plastic drawers, I want to show you the latest addition to my craft room. I got the most adorable Scentsy warmer. It's called Tiara and it looks absolutely perfect in my room.

Don't you just love it, I sure do! I have Cherry Almond Pie melting right now and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Alright, now onto my plastic drawers and home made Mod Podge. I don't know if you are like me but I love cheap crafts. Mod Pogde is awesome stuff but it can get quite spendy. I saw a few blogs on how to make your own for super cheap. I grabbed a salsa bottle and emptied it into a bowl. I was using the salsa for dinner anyway, so it was perfect. I had a 72 cent bottle of glue, I poured it into the bottle. Then filled the glue bottle with water, put it in the jar, shake, shake, shake and BAM... Mod Podge. I have used it, it works.



I took the label off of the jar by soaking it in a bowl of soapy water over night, it and the glue fell right off. Then I used the Mod Podge from the bottle to put the label on. It's not the best label, but I just used scraps. Excuse the mess on my backdrop, apparently my cat thought it looked like a good place to lay, now it needs to be washed.

Another project I did with my home made Mod Podge is a plastic drawer redo. We all have ugly plastic drawers. I just got one for my paper, it's colored and super cute. Thats the one thing that I don't like about my desk, no drawers. I love the one that I just got for my paper, I don't know what I did without it!
My messy drawer looks super messy next to my cute new one. I wanted to have drawers that matched, but I didn't want to buy another one, there was nothing wrong with it. So used some scrapbook paper and made it better.
Now they match and my mess is covered. I love it so much. Now really all I need is a table for my tv and the plant that is sitting on my drawers. That plant is very special to me and I want to get it closer to the window.

I am still working on the blanket, but I am also working on some cards as well. I have to let my wrist have a break every now and then. I should be back shortly with some other projects. I have done a few things that I haven't shared with you yet. See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment