Monday, March 26, 2012

iPad Cases

My husband got "the new iPad" aka the iPad 3. I got rid of my iPad a while ago, I have a Macbook Air that I love very much so I wasn't using it much. But I decided that I wanted to take over the iPad 2 rather than try to sell it. I am kind of clumsy, I have shattered three iPhones. So I wanted a case for it. I love the smart cover, I have a pink one of corse. I saw a few that claim to match the smart covers, but if the colors weren't exact I would hate it. So I got a clear cover.

I love that it works with my smart cover and protects the back without adding a lot of bulk. But its super boring, lets be honest, I don't do boring. I have seen people using scrapbook paper to jazz up clear phone covers so I figured why not just apply the same logic to my iPad cover.

I used a 12x12 scrapbook paper and an excato knife. I pushed the paper in and cut around all of the little ports and open spots. After it was all cut out I used a corner rounder to make sure that it would fit nicely, I don't round corners by hand very well.

I think it turned out quite cute. And the best part is, when I get tired of it I can just pick a new paper and do it again. I made a template out of cardstock after hubby asked me to make him one too. He got a leather case the same time I got the clear one and took it back to have a clear one like mine. Unfortunately it didn't fit his as well, the new iPad is slightly thicker, they are coming out with one that should work though, so we will see. I did take a picture of it anyway.

He loved the Air Force paper and I hope that we can make this cover actually happen for him, his iPad would match the binder cover that I made for him. I have a few other projects that I will be sharing soon, maybe even later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment