Friday, May 25, 2012

Baby "Z"

Last Sunday I got to experience my first eclipse. We were just outside the viewing area so we didn't get the full "ring of fire" but it was still pretty awesome. I am very thankful that our neighbors had a welding mask that they were willing to share so we got to actually see it happening. I tried to take pictures but none of them turned out, they just look like glowing green blobs, not the awesome eclipse that we saw. I did get this picture though. It shows how odd it looked outside, the sun is bright and shining but the shadows are short and it was darker than it should have been. This picture was taken at almost the full eclipse (well, as full as we got here). It was a really cool experience and I got to meet some neighbors who were really cool as well. 

A few days ago I was a little bored so I decided to do some nail art on my toes. I saw cows on Pinterest and thought they were adorable so I now have "Moo Cow" nails. They are a little messy since I was just playing around but they are still adorable. 


It seems like it's baby season right now. Every one I know is having babies. I usually try and make some sort of baby item for all of my friends that have a baby but right now there are so many I wouldn't be able to sleep, eat, or do anything else for that matter. I would have to be a baby item making machine. So if you get left out I apologize, I am doing my best. A co-worker of my husbands that I simply adore is having a little baby boy. I found it a little more challenging to make things for a boy as most hand made baby items are apparently for a girl. I really wanted to make her a blanket but with the skin issue on my fingers I wasn't able to. So he got some adorable booties and a little hat. I am super pleased with the way the card turned out as well.

The booties were interesting to make, I had never made booties flat then sew them together. It was a quite efficient way to make them though. I used THIS pattern for the booties and "I love this yarn" in Seascape Multi from Hobby Lobby

I fell in love with this little hat when I saw the pattern. I was happy that I found one that was good for a little boy too. No bows or flowers. I used THIS pattern and the same yarn.


I love this little card. I think it is one of my favorites so far! I got the idea HERE but made it a boy card. I knew that I wanted to do ducks before I found the card so I opted for this cute little ducky from Cricut Craft Room Basics that came with the program. He has a little rhinestone eye as well. I embossed the white cardstock behind the duck to give it a little more texture.


Well. I think thats all I have to talk about for now. I am sure that I will be back before to long. Fathers day is coming up and I have many ideas running through my head. As always, if you want to know more information on what I used, how I did it, or anything else please ask! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment