Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Menu Board

So forever and a year ago (ok, so it was a few months) I made a little menu board for my kitchen to keep track of what meals we are having what day. I made it out of a frame that I had sitting in my closet. It was one of my first Cricut projects. I was getting a little frustrated because I didn't have enough room to write down all of the meal details (the main dish, the side dish and what vegi we are having) and I am very forgetful.

This is the fist version of the menu. It was the only thing in my house that is shiny sliver so it really didn't match. The brown swirly paper matched perfectly though.


I used the same swirly brown paper and added a cute coffee cup in the colors of my kitchen. I used a document frame to give me the most amount of room possible so that I can keep track of all of the parts of the meal.


The words across the top are a little crooked. I am going to say that it gives it character even though it is driving my "symmetrical brain" as I call it (or OCD as Josh calls is) crazy so I will have to fix it later. But because it'c glued on I will have to redo the entire thing and I just wasn't in the mood for that at them moment.

It matches my coffee kitchen really well and the frame fits perfectly on the little wall above our water cooler. I was actually a little worried that it wasn't going to fit when I first brought it home.


I love my little menu board. I love that it has a place to put all of the elements of the meal as well. I am trying to make an effort to make a vegetable at every meal. We eat quite well though. Mostly chicken with 1 fish, 1 red meat, and one meatless meal per week. I love the idea of "Meatless Monday", although ours is rarely on Monday. Today is slow cooked stuffed peppers, they sounds AMAZING. It's new so we shall see. 

I am debating on a saying to put in my kitchen on the wall. Something coffee related obviously. I am not sure what I want it to say yet. When I decide and get it up I will be sure to share. 


No comments:

Post a Comment