Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Vegas/Mothers Day

Holy cow, I didn't realize that it had been almost a month since I had written anything. I am going to talk about both our anniversary trip to Las Vegas and the Mothers Day cards that I made for the moms. I know that if I only tell you about one the other will get forgotten, I have quite a few projects that I never talked about because I waited to long then found newer exciting stuff to talk about. Since it has been so long, and I have so much to talk about this blog will probably be super long, just a warning.

On our first anniversary hubby surprised me with a trip to Lake Las Vegas. The hotel we stayed at was absolutely beautiful, big gorgeous fountains, tons of palm trees, and many fire places to hang out by. We loved the relaxed feel and enjoyed just spending time together. So after that we decided to make it an annual thing, no matter where the military takes us. We went back the next year and enjoyed it just as much. When I started looking into it for this year it was going to be a much bigger trip since we no longer live a short drive from the hotel. I looked at the hotel website to get ideas of how much the trip was going to cost, but didn't book it just yet. Went back a week later after going over all the details with hubby and we had decided what we were going to do. Went to book the hotel and the website was gone. When we called we found out that our hotel had been bought and that they would be closed for renovations during our anniversary. I was so upset that we couldn't go back to our special place! I'm not going to lie, it took me a few days to get over it and start making a new plan. We decided that we would get a room at the Luxor since thats where we stayed on our wedding night.

The Luxor was amazing. We got an awesome package that allowed us to skip the long check in line, tickets to Bodies, Titanic, and Chris Angel (we didn't go see him), all day passes to the buffet and free drinks at all the bars in the hotel. It had a few other perks that we didn't take advantage of, they were for the night clubs, not really our seen.

We spent one whole day shopping. It was amazing. We both got new clothes, hubby got a new watch and I got some new coach stuff, including my flip flops that I am obsessed with!


Since we are on the subject of shoes, and thats not far off from toes, take a look at my "Vegas Toes" I did playing cards and dice. I thought they turned out super cute. 

Now onto the stuff that if you read my blog you really care about, the craft projects. The card I made for my husband for our anniversary turned out amazing, well I think it did anyway. 


I used Planton Schoolbook for the mountains, Wild Card for the branch, the Stampin Up Owl for the owls and scalloped scissors for the different shades in the sunset. I am very proud of the way it turned out, I think it is one of my favorites so far! This is actually the background on my phone right now. 

Now, since our anniversary is right by Mothers Day I took my moms card to Vegas with us so that I could give it to her in person. So much better that way. I didn't realize until just now that I didn't take a picture of it (I was really bad about that with mom cards) so all I have is a picture of the paper dress that I put on it. I will ask her to send me pictures and I will add them after I get them. 


For hubbys mom I made a super cute blue and purple argyle card. It was a little subdued in color and I really liked it. As I was looking through my paper to find an envelope for my super cute card I came across this... 


I promptly threw the blue version in the recycling and started over. I HAD to make one that matched this paper, I think I had a slight, temporary obsession with this piece of paper. Like I said before, I was bad about taking pictures of mom cards. I did notice that I didn't take pictures of this card and asked her to email me some. The colors are a little off in the pictures, the picture above is more true to color. The pink on the card is glitter cardstock, but we all know that the glitter never shows up in pictures, trust me, it is sparkly!  



I used Wild Card for the entire thing and added some pearls just for fun. I had a blast making both mothers day cards and they both turned out amazing. 

I made a cute card, booties, and a hat for a friends baby shower that was this past weekend but I think this blog is plenty long enough so I will tell you all about that another day. As for now you know the drill, if you have questions about how I did something, what I used to do it, why I did it, or any other questions please feel free to ask.

P.S. If you read this entire thing you are my hero! 

No comments:

Post a Comment