Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fishing Vest Card

Oh my, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted anything. I haven't crafted much in the last few days. I have been reading and catching up on Ellen :) I love her show.

I made a card for my father in law for his birthday, he loves outdoor stuff like hunting and fishing so I decided to make him a fishing vest card. He loved it, but apparently started disassembling it as soon as it came out of the package. This is the first card that I made mostly by hand rather than using the cricut. I did a lot of cutting with my rotary for this one.

I think that it turned out really cute. I got my inspiration from HEREHERE and google images of real fishing vests.

I loved the little pocket for the gift card! Bass Pro Shop of corse.

These were the first words that I welded together with Cricut Craft Room. I was so excited that I figured it out. I love that I could cut all one piece (minus the dot for the i) rather than 13 letters.

I did a big envelope. It opened really cool but I forgot to take a picture.

The most time consuming part was the pockets. I hand stitched them all. I did two sets, all of them were the tan color but I didn't think it had enough dimension. So I made them again with the green.

 First I marked them all in 1/8 inch marks. 
 Then I poked all of the holes using a pin cushion (it is really a sweat band but it came in a sewing kit to be used as a pin cushion). 
Then I sewed them with a traditional back stitch. 

I loved this project I am glad that he enjoyed it. I always find things that I think could be better, but it turned out cute. 

I have a few other projects that I am working on and one that should be delivered in the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment