Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Getting rid of weight

I havent shared on here that I am currently trying to be a healthier me. I saw a thing on pinterest that said "I am not losing weight, I am getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again". I love this! I hope that I don't ever find the weight that I have lost. So far I have lost 12 pounds out of a goal of 33. I am trying to lose the weight slowly and in a healthy way by making new habits for myself. I have done weird starvation diets and the weight always comes back plus some. I only shoot for one pound a week and so far thats pretty much what I have done, I started on November 7th (12 weeks, 12 pounds). Some weeks I lost more, some less, and I gained a little at Christmas but I am right on track to be at my goal by my birthday (June 18).

Anyway, so in my many wasted hours on pinterest I found a really cool visual aid for weight loss and I made my own version. I don't think I am wild about the jars I picked out, they are cute but the jewels sit in the little dip in the bottom and are hard to see.

I highly recommend buying stickers. I bought ribbon that matched some paper I had (then I didn't even use that paper). What I did was cut the letters on my cricut (I used the font on the Wild Card cartridge) put a dab of Elmer's glue on a piece of scrap paper and dipped the letters in using tweezers then placed them on the jar. As I am sure you can imagine the glue went everywhere, so I let it dry and then used the scoop hook took out of my cricut kit and scratched off all of the excess glue. It turned out just fine, but stickers would have been a lot easier. If I get new jars I will be getting stickers.

I looked at the jewels/rocks in the craft department and they were way to expensive, so these are actually meant for a fish tank. Just as cute and half the price. I will be putting the extras in my fish tank actually, his tank is super colorful and they will look great. He is probably the most spoiled beta ever, but he is very special to me, I will tell you more about him later. The website that inspired this little project can be found Here. I actually never looked at the page until now, I only saw the picture on pinterest. I love her idea of the big pink stone for her goal weight and I think I might be doing the same thing. I have them set up in my bathroom (which is pink of corse) and they fit right in. Hope you enjoyed this and I all keep you up to date on the weight loss goals and how they are going.

I mailed out a surprise to a friend yesterday and ordered some embossing stuff, I will be posting about both as soon as they are delivered.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so well - and I love your jars. You're almost half way to your goal already! How amazing does that feel? Good job!

    Dianne
    www.hotmessprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It feels awesome. I am excited to see how I feel when I get to my goal. I already have more energy and I am sick less. I love being able to move the stones from one jar to the other (and hopefully never move them back). Plus most of them are pink, so they are cute!

      Delete