Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cricut Mats

Yesterday I promised you a good Cricut mat tip, so here it is. If you own a Cricut then you know that one of the most frustrating things is the need to buy new mats all the time because the buggers just don't stay sticky. I see people messing around with spray adhesives and other sticky substances and I am not about to do that, I fear what it may do to my machine. I like to think that the Cricut makers know what kind of sticky gunk is best for the mat. Now that being said I still don't want to spend money buying new mats all the time, so I found a good solution to the problem, what to know what this magic trick is?? .............. Dish soap, yup regular old dish soap. If you rinse your mat then give it a good rub down with some dish soap and rinse again then BAM your mat is sticky again. I did this yesterday evening, then I hung it on the fridge with magnets to dry, I am sure that there are better places to dry it, but thats what worked for me at the time. I gave the washed mat a try today and it worked out just fine. I am not sure how much longer it's going to last but I am happy that I got at least one more card out of it. Now go get to washing your mats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment