Friday, January 13, 2012

Cricut

This past weekend I got my newest craft addiction, a Cricut Expression. I have wanted one for a long time and I finally got it. I debated for a long time which die-cut machine I wanted and ultimately decided this was the best one for me. I love it so much. The only thing that could have made it better is if it were pink. They make a pink one, but it was MUCH more expensive and limited edition so I couldn't find one on ebay or amazon.


So now that I have my new Cricut the debate was project was I going to do first. I have so many ideas. I decided on something for my laundry room wall, it's out of the way and if I screwed it up no one would have to know. I knew my first project would have a lot of mistakes (and it did, I had to do it over 3 times) since I was figuring out the machine. I think it turned out quite cute. 


After I took the picture I realized how off the "g" and one of the starts were. They have since been fixed. I used a pack a paper that I got at Walmart for 97 cents, it doesn't have a name but its browns, pinks, and oranges. I used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and hung the letters up with  poster putty that I cut into little chunks with scissors. I got the idea from Pinterest, here is the original blog that it was on http://ramblingasusual.blogspot.com/2011/01/prodigal-socks.html. I hope that you enjoyed my first project. I hope to post much more later as I figure out my Cricut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment