Sunday, January 15, 2012

Given Enough Coffee

Well, I didn't make anything today... boo. But I still wanted to share something this evening. I did make a super cute card yesterday, but I decided to wait until I give it to the person I made it for before I share. I have another on that I am working on but that will be the same thing.

I am going to share an older cross stitch I did. I have been looking for new art to put in my kitchen to put on a big blank wall I have. My kitchen is all coffee themed stuff. Since I am on coffee decor overload from trying to be inspired with something amazing for said wall it makes sense to share my coffee themed cross stitch. It is the first one that I finished as an adult and made me want to get into it more. I did a few little ones in high school but I didn't really have a passion for it until recently. This one is printed, not counted. So it didn't take much time or brain power to finish, but it matched my kitchen. I love the way it looks.


After I got done outlining all of the cups I was a little upset that I didn't have enough black floss to do the words. I couldn't understand why they didn't give me enough floss to finish the project. I usually have a ton left over when I get the kits. After actually reading the instructions (oops) I wasn't supposed to outline the cups (double oops). Oh well, I think it looks much better with them outlined and I had enough red to do the words. So in the end I actually think it looks better. I got the kit from Joann and I think the frame came from Michael's but it could have come from Joann as well.

I hope you enjoyed this one. I love it! Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment