Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Picture Clock

A while back I saw a picture online of a clock with picture frames, the website to buy the original can be found here. They were all different sizes and had colored paper in them rather than pictures. Well, my "symmetrical brain" would not allow me to have frames of different sizes. It would drive me crazy. So I have spent the last couple of months trying to recreate this clock in a way that I would like. My amazing mom got me the clock on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond. I got the frames at Walmart for super cheap, but they never had enough so I bought some and waited for them to get more in. Then the frames sat on my entertainment center for a while taunting me. I knew it was going to be a lot of measuring and pounding on the wall. I really should have waited for a day when my neighbors bass was really loud, oh wait, thats every day, including right now as I write this :/ (we live in a duplex on an Air Force base and our neighbors love their subwoofer). But thats a story for another day, back to the clock. I had the pictures stuck to the wall with fun tak for a long time while I picked out frames. Today I decided that I walked past it enough and it was time to finish it. And it turned out amazing, or at least I think it did, what do you think?

The pictures are of all of our favorite places that we have been (or the ways we have "spent our time"). I think it turned out really good. I love how thin the frames are because it makes it look more finished without taking away from the over all look. I hope you enjoy it. I have a really good tip for Cricut mats that I will be sharing tomorrow. If you use a Cricut you will like this tip. See you then :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment